Re: [mylyn-integrators] Question: rich read-only task "editor"?

I am aware of a few Mylyn connector editors that completely override the layout of the AbstractRepositoryTaskEditor. You are free to do so but just be aware of any fields that are expected to exists are some how instantiated with your code. It is not as easy as it should be. Steffen is in the process of decomposing the task editor for Mylyn 3.0 so that it will be much easier to extend and customize in the future.

-Rob

Tom Bryan (tombry) wrote:
Excellent. Thanks for the quick response.
I see that AbstractRepositoryTaskEditor makes it really easy to create a
repository-specific editor, but what if there are specific requirements
for the appearance of the GUI.  Is it considered a poor policy to
override AbstractRepositoryTaskEditor.createFormContent and create an
editor with a completely different look-and-feel?  For example, what if
we want to group the task's attributes in a specific way using
org.eclipse.widgets.Group, and we don't want any of the standard form
sections that other task editors have.  I'm not keen on deviating from
the standard look-and-feel, but I may have a requirement for a
significantly different task editor.

Basically, do all of the custom repository task editors look alike
because that's the easiest way, or do all of the custom repository task
editors look alike because Mylyn requires that they all follow some
framework that does not provide sufficient flexibility to do anything
else?

---Tom