RE: [mylyn-integrators] Trying to upgrade CodeBeamer connector to Mylyn 2.0

Hi Lubos,

Yes, there are fundamental changes between 1.0 and 2.0.  Somewhat ironically some of the larger changes are a result of trying hard to remove the complexity that you and others had to deal with when implementing 1.0 connectors.  In other words, Mylyn 2.0 Connector writers in have in part the troubles of you and early adopters to thank for the simplified APIs which should remain backwards compatible for the better part of the year (we will start working on the 3.0 release plan in July, but the next release will be a backwards compatible 2.1).

Regarding the Porting Guide, it should not have anything out of date in it so please feel free to correct or point us at the stale entries.  The compiler and Trac source is probably the best guide.  We made sure to port a couple of connectors manually (i.e. they did not participate in refactoring) and this is what we did for the most part, updating the Porting Guide as we went.

To answer your questions, hits are gone and AbstracTask is now for both tasks and hits, so connectors do not need to worry about the implementation details separating these two.  You should also not need to worry about manual handling of data.

Here’s a quick draft of the new AbstracTask hierarchy that I plan on posting with updates to the Integrator Reference soon.  Please do not hesitate to fire off additional questions while the updates are in progress.

Task Hierarchy.gif

Mik