[mylyn-integrators] Mylyn 2.0 API status

The API improvements for 2.0 are complete.  Our driving goal for the API
changes was to make connectors much easier to build by better insulating
them from the implementation details of the Tasks API.  We also wanted to
stabilize the APIs to the point where we could commit to backwards
compatibility (i.e. 2.1, 2.2...) throughout the majority of the upcoming 3.0
release cycle.

The only significant change this week was to replace the messy legacy task
externalizer architecture with element factories.  The
repositories/taskListFactories extension point uses the very simple
AbstractTaskListFactory which connectors now override to provide specific
attributes on elements and to instantiate them rather than having to handle
the details of the XML externalization.  We will be updating the porting
guide this and next week, and for now the Trac connector provides a concise
example of how a factory should work.

Please note that we will still be doing the following clean-up, which may
cause some class or method names to change:
* Review to ensure no internals are in public packages.
* Ensure no connectors or bridges use internals.
* Review and provide Javadocs for every public type.

Mik

--
Mik Kersten
Project Lead, http://eclipse.org/mylyn