Re: [mylyn-dev] Do we really need the .classpath/.project/.settings files in git?

> On Apr 12, 2023, at 08:36, Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> If this is useful to you, CDT had the same problem, all the different settings files had slightly different settings. So what I did a number of years ago is added to the build some scripts that synchronize settinga between all the projects.

Git also supports symlinks, which allows to point to the same settings files from all projects.

FWIW, JDT does a pretty good job of synchronizing formatter and clean-up profiles across multiple projects.

-Gunnar

Back to the top