Re: [mylyn-dev] Re: GSoc 2010 Project idea

Hi Mr. Mik,

On 18 March 2010 23:10, Mik Kersten <mik@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Harshana,

Yes, Jevgeni worked on a similar project as you have discovered.  It did not yield significant additions to the current Mylyn feature set, likely because the project scope was too broad.  If we came up with a focused project around ECF and Mylyn with a clear sense of goals and utility I think there could be potential.

Yeah... I understand the problem. Then we should come up with a focused project idea which can be extended/improved over time (Which will go beyond the GSoc time frame), Then it will bring a great value to both Mylyn and ECF. I think our ECF team also would like this. I'll try to mine in to more details of the Jevgeni's effort and refine the requirements in the bug request.

I watched some video introductions to Mylyn and understood that Mylyn already supports Sharing Task context via saving them to a public repository location and so the other members also can easily access them, etc. So I believe, we might need to refine the goals of this project considering these as well.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Thanks and Regards,
Harshana Martin

Mik