[mylyn-dev] Implementing a new mylyn connector...

Hello everyone,

I'm implementing a mylyn connector/plug-in for th origo project (origo.ethz.ch). I already found the Integrator Reference Wiki ( http://wiki.eclipse.org/Mylyn_Integrator_Reference) and tried to follow it to implement a first, very basic version of the plugin which only retrieves existing tasks. But unfortunately it seems to be a little bit outdated and the javadoc itself is minimal at best. That's why I'm currently stuck at the section "Implementing core extension points", where it says that you have to implement the method "createTaskFromExistingKey" which doesn't seem to exist anymore (there is only createTask in AbstractRepositoryConnector). It also says that I have to use the " org.eclipse.mylyn.tasklist.repositories" extension point which doesn't exist as well. Instead there is "org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.ui.repositories" - are they equivalent?  Can any of you guys help me out here a bit and/or give me some pointers? I already followed the steps described in the blog-tutorial at http://jvliet.blogspot.com/2007/02/creating-mylar-connector-plugin-for.html.
What I also do not understand: When I click on a repository in the repo view, select "Open repository task" and enter a task id, how does this interact with my plug-in? By that I mean which method is called to search for matching tasks? Would this be the missing "createTaskFromExistingKey"?

Thanks already for your help,

Dennis

Back to the top