[mylyn-context-dev] Model Focusing Tools 1.0.0 release planning

As I was updating the release plan meta-data, I noticed that we had a 1.0.0 tentative w/ an arbitrary date. I've removed it, but it made me wonder whether we should replace it with another one. There isn't a lot of development activity right now. Committers please pipe up if you think you will be doing anything significant for Kepler.

For eventual 1.0.0 it would be worth setting some rough baselines for the following in order to set some goal-posts and set a new tentative date at some point:

1. Feature set. Is the current feature set useful enough to justify?
2. Quality. Is current quality level high enough? Are there specific bugs that would need to be addressed to meet that or additional process/testing?
3. Community. How do we measure and where should we be? We don't have a good sense for how many people are actually using the tool right now, or how many people are doing in-house development.

cheers,

Miles

Back to the top