Re: [mylar-dev] workflow bugs

Something that would help also (and go along with the connector bug 170894) is additional documentation or javadoc of some of the key classes/concepts that connection writer should be aware of. The docs on the wiki are the basic starting point; but more would be very helpful.

Not being familiar with the code, it took me a while to dig around and figure out how to add Attributes to my connector (or even that I need to add attributes). I'm sure I don't understand all the subtleties as I looked at / played with it just enough to get something working.

So in addition to documentation/example explaining the TaskRepository (which would be very useful), some info on the editors and where/how they can be extended would be great.

For example (and I know I could ask here also), I want to a new panel to the Mantis connector that show relationships to other bugs, but I don't really understand how to do it. There are two pieces that I think some key docs would help with:

1) how to add in a panel in the "edit" GUI
2) if i have a "relationship" bug id, how can I "link" it to another issue in the TaskRepository so I can pull things like (description, status, etc) into the panel display and maybe make it a hyperlink (like I believe bugzilla does).

Anyway, just some thoughts that might help others writing connections that are trying to find free time....

Chris....

Mik Kersten wrote:
I've added a page called Mylar Contribution Ideas which summarizes the ideas
we talked about on today's call.

  http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylar_Contribution_Ideas

We can maintain this page independently of the Google Summer of Code, but
for now it's role is to is to provide potential students with enough
information to explore ideas and create proposals.
Please edit and add any other suggestions.  I will post a message about this
to the newsgroup later today.
Mik