[mylar-dev] Connector Tutorial

I have been looking into creating mylar connectors for our project wiki (on jotspot.com) and for PVCS Tracker. While doing so I have found the documentation quite sparse. I looked through http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylar_Integrator_Reference#Tasks_framework and have modeled my connector after the Trac connector as suggested by this page.

I have found that you can't really incrementally implement your connector. Once you start adding a new task, the calls Mylar makes to your connector plugin require a pretty complete understanding of repository implementation. With the scant documentation you have to reverse engineer the functionality with the debugger. It seems that it should be possible to have an abstract or basic implementation and model that functions with minimal work, then you evolve the rest of the features.

I have started to document my experience (http://jvliet.blogspot.com/2007/02/creating-mylar-connector-plugin-for.html) but this is incomplete and I suspect wrong in a few places. I want to contribute either documentation on how to create a mylar connector, a template project that makes it easy to start slowly or a combination. How should I go about doing this? Is there better documentation to start with for connectors? Is this the right mailing list to watch (it seems a little light on traffic)?

Thanks,
John Vliet

Back to the top