Re: [mylar-dev] Codebeamer connector for Mylar released

Mik Kersten wrote:
I don't see much benefit in that.  I would have to manually maintain that
update site, rather than just copying the previous site to the new location,
along with the site zips.
Not really. You just need to append new features to the site.xml instead of overwriting them. Then you can still copy new site over, without deleting old zips.
A bigger problem is that users would end up with
a large update site of incompatible things to pick through, and could not
install more than one thing on that site.
Update manager has an option by default to show only last revision. However if user want to pick a previous version he can do so.
Also, sites don't allow
sub-categories so the result would be pretty messy.  I think that our
current approach of making the update site itself a part of the release
snapshot is working well enough.  But we should probably have a page that
provides links to all of the archive builds, so I've put that on my list.
Problem with separate update sites is that you have to change it every time... I think one update site (well, maybe per Eclipse version) is easier to deal with.

 regards,
 Eugene

Back to the top