Re: [mylar-dev] jira query synchronization and others

Rob,

From what I read in the code, that workaround is used to get timestamp for saving last update (after executing query), while current time (before executing query) is calculated on the local timestamp. That does not work for JIRA, which is using relative time intervals where you say -5m from now. From bugzilla help, it seems like it also allows similar option for querying issues changed in required time frame:

----
Specify the start and end dates either in YYYY-MM-DD format
(optionally followed by HH:mm, in 24 hour clock), or in relative
dates such as 1h, 2d, 3w, 4m, 5y, which respectively mean one hour,
two days, three weeks, four months, or five years ago. 0d is last
midnight, and 0h, 0w, 0m, 0y is the beginning of this hour, week,
month, or year.
----

But it doesn't seem like it does support minute intervals, but perhaps we can make it repository specific, or find some way to get the current time from the repository.

 regards,
 Eugene

Robert Elves wrote:
The reason for this weirdness is because we need to send a start date
that is relative to the server (not a calculated date based on the
local pc's time). If we try to use a local date inevitably we don't
have the time zone or the local clock is out of sync with the servers
which causes missed incomings. So we need a valid time stamp from the
repository for this to work.

Unfortunately, bugzilla doesn't return a timestamp equivalent of the
actual query execution time (the NOW) so we've implemented the work
around you see with getting the time stamp from the most recently
changed task returned.

It isn't pretty but works. If I've overlook a better solution to this
problem please let me know! :)

-Rob