From: mylar-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mylar-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of AJ Tarachanowicz II
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 7:07 PM
To: Mylar developer discussions
Subject: RE: [mylar-dev] Reporting with Mylar

Hi Mik,

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 08:34 -0800, Mik Kersten wrote:
> Use: File -> New -> Task Activity Report

Great that's exactly what I was looking for.

> We used to use this for XP-style planning way back, but now rely on the
Task
> List and Task Activity views.  However, that wizard is more flexible in
> terms of date ranges and category/query inclusion.
>
> Btw, For an explanation of how active time is calculated mouse over
"Active
> time" on the Planning tab of an editor.  It's a lower-bound because it
only
> measures active time in Eclipse.

The reason I ask is because I'm looking to replace gnotime
(http://gnotime.sf.net). Not the entire app just the running timer part
not the todo list, reporting or billing stuff. I can see this achieved
by the addition of 2 features.

      * A second timer that kept track of the entire time length a task
        is active. It'd be nice to see time spent in Eclipse compared to
        not in Eclipse. It'd also allow you to track the total time
        spent on a task.
      * In addition to the fist features, the ability edit times would
        also need to be added. I know I forget to start/stop timers on
        occasion. Not to mention it'd be nice to add times for things
        like meetings.

Should I add these as a feature request to the bug tracking system?

Best Regards,
AJ Tarachanowicz Ii