[mylar-dev] Re: After submitting a new repository task getting "task data not available error'

No help from the mailing list, but debugger did help 8-).

Your task data handler ITaskDataHandler needs to have method getChangedSinceLastSync() implemented properly, the key method
is client.getChangedTickets(since);

Lubos

Lubos and Alena Pochman wrote:
Hi guys,

I am developing Mylar connector for CodeBeamer/Javaforge.
I can create a new repository task and submit it to CodeBeamer/Javaforge but after the submit, when the submitted repository task is displayed as existing task, I get editor with label:

'Task data not available, please synchronize and reopen.'

It is coming from AbstractRepositoryTaskEditor.createFormContent(), the call to getRepositoryData() returns null,
editorInput task data are null.

It looks like it has something to do with offline task storage not being initialized/set properly, so the call in AbstractTaskEditorInput(TaskRepository repository, String handle) constructor:

this.newTaskData = TasksUiPlugin.getDefault().getTaskDataManager().getTaskData(handle); this.oldTaskData = TasksUiPlugin.getDefault().getTaskDataManager().getOldTaskData(handle);
sets both to null (handle looks reasonable to me, url-id).

What do I need to implement to make TasksUiPlugin.getDefault().getTaskDataManager().getTaskData() make work properly.

Thanks, Lubos Pochman