Re: [mylar-dev] "Default context" capture?

Submitted as bug 166489 on Bugzilla

Cheers
Jim

On 12/1/06, Fredrik Vraalsen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jim Bethancourt wrote:
> Hi all,
> I noticed that a user can un-select the current context such that no
> context is selected, and can open files.  It might be handy to have
> this as a "scratch / default" context where a user can use it to
> quickly view files and look at another context, for example, to switch
> between the two if needed.  As it stands right now the files in the
> default context are closed when a context is selected.  This might
> also be handy for new users as well so they aren't in shock when they
> create a context and all of the files they have open are suddenly
> closed.

Hi Jim,

I think this could be very useful.  I have several times found myself in
the situation where I have forgotten to activate a task before starting
to work on it.  Having a default context/task would enable me to e.g.
use the new "Copy context to" functionality to transfer the context from
the default context to the correct task.

Best regards,
Fredrik