Re: [mylar-dev] changes to AbstractQueryHit

Mik Kersten wrote:
Those ancient cripples are still contributing though...  They ensure that
the repository URL and in general whole identity of a task are defined by
the repository URL and ID.  This helps provide a robust mapping between the
IDs that appear in the task activity context, and it means that there is
only one thing to rename when the user renames a repository (i.e. refactors
its URL).  That said we definitely need to improve this API because it's
awkward always calling those static methods on AbstractRepositoryTask.
That sounds really really wrong. I think both repositories and tasks should use some kind generated ids, so you won't have to rename anything and just use those as a cross references.

Ask any DBA about this, they will tell you how to link two tables together and also fhy using business fields for the foreign key is really bad idea... :-)

 regards,
 Eugene

Back to the top