[mylar-dev] DOI fisheye view

I just came across this paper "Evaluating a fisheye view of source
code" by Jakobsen
http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1124830&dl=ACM&coll=&CFID=15151515&CFTOKEN=6184618
available from: http://www.diku.dk/~kash/papers/CHI2006_jakobsen.pdf

Disclaimer: I've only skimmed the paper.
and thought it might be quite interesting to have such a fisheye view
combined with Mylar.  They use DOI  on a single java source file,
resulting in a compact fisheye representation of the file in the
editor.

Mylar lets you use active folding, which results in all the methods of
no interest being folded. Active folding however doesn't get rid of
white space for example and only hides elements in the views and not
in the editor. The fisheye view seems to show the class declaration,
relevant fields and methods which seems to be quite useful.

Raphael

--
Raphael Ackermann
Glasgow, G20 8QT, United Kingdom