[mylar-dev] Synchronizing RSS Feed with Task list

Hello Mylar devs,

A while back I was interested in building on mylar extension points to synchronize our company's
RSS feed (of issue URLs to home grown issue webapp.) with the Mylar Task List.  Basically I would
want to parse the rss feed and add the rss items to the TaskList if they are not already there.  We would
not want to overwrite a Task context for the same item.

I know how to parse the rss feed from our site, but my problems lie with using mylar extension points.  I am
new to eclipse plugin dev. (especially plugins that use other plugins).  Where would be a good place to start
looking in the mylar project on how to add to the Task List?  I have the whole mylar project checked out from
cvs.

Thanks for your help.  If this works out maybe I can make this generic enough to work with any rss url in which
case I will submit it as a patch if interested.

-Anthony Bargnesi

Back to the top