[mylar-dev] using Mylar with RadRails

Mik,

I was helping friend to get Mylar working on popular IDE based on Eclipse for Ruby on Rails (RadRails). Standalone RadRails IDE has only a subset of platform plugins, so Mylar didn't work there (even when we tried to manually install Mylar's plugins since there is no common update manager either). We ended up installing Eclipse and have pulled RarRails plugins from their update site, but then we faced number of issues.

First of all "Rails Explorer" view does not show Mylar filtering icon, so it is not possible to hide out uninteresting resources from that view.

Secondly, as I expected Mylar does not have bridge for Ruby structures and as a result interest filter does not seem to work on Outline view.

Anyways, we have tried to use generic "Project Explorer" view and Mylar filtering seem to work there, however quick unfiltering didn't work at all. It was running on XUbuntu Linux, so I am not sure if it was a platform specific issue.

 Any thoughts on this are really appreciated.

 Thanks

 Eugene

Back to the top