[mylar-dev] Team Project Set for Mylar projects

Hi Mik,

I would like to make a suggestion based on the recent (and future...)
cvs reorganization.

Recently I figured out there is a little known feature in Eclipse
called "Team Project Set". Basically, it is a xml file describing a
set of Eclipse projects, its CVS repository and path.

This file can be exported from a existing workspace (Export -> Team ->
Team Project Set), distributed and imported into another workspace.

Once there are many projects on Mylar CVS, with some of them not being
used, I suggest to, instead of saying on this page:

http://www.eclipse.org/mylar/doc/contributing.php#contributing-setup

to "add the following CVS repository, checkout the following projects,
etc...)", make available a link to a .psf file with only the necessary
plugins.

This way, the only thing someone interested in examine the Mylar
source code will have to do is download the .psf, open Eclipse ->
Import -> Team -> Team Project Set, and all necessary projects will be
checkout.

Of course, the instructions to get the source code from CVS manually
can continue there, once there can be people who is interested on
integrating Mylar parts (like bugzilla core) into other applications,
using another IDE (bad... ;-).

But this can make the workspace setup process more easy for developers
using Eclipse ;-)

Back to the top