[mylar-dev] Integrating Mylar with Protege

Hi Mik,

I am looking into integrating Mylar with Protege (http://protege.stanford.edu - a free open source ontology editor).
Protege has a somewhat similar layout to Eclipse - tree controls for navigating classes, instances, slots, etc.  My first objective is to be able to monitor Protege users navigating these trees and lists to build up a context model and to allow them to filter the ontologies.

One problem is that Protege is written in Swing.  It would be ideal if I could somehow use just the Mylar core functionality with out the dependency on SWT and other Eclipse jars.  And since the Mylar Monitor is heavily tied to SWT I expect to have to write some new monitors for Swing.

Also, since there are about 16 Mylar subprojects, could you very briefly describe the important ones (what their purpose is)?  Or the ones that you think might be useful for my task of integrating Mylar with Protege.

Thanks very much.
Chris Callendar

Back to the top