[mylar-dev] commit set management and ui

Hi,

As Mik suggested I am posting this here to initiate discussion on UI issues related to synchronize view and commit sets.

Initially I've noticed empty mylar's commit sets on a sync view that are created
on context activation. It doesn't seem right and commit set should be
only there if there are changes.

Also, commit set created even for projects and working sets on a sync view which are not under CVS control.

Another important issue is what to do about resources that are modified but not ‘touched’. E.g. if you refactor something, the affected resources won’t be part of the commit set and should be. Similary resource could be added or changed externally (new files, sources and resources generated by other tools including javacc, xdoclet, etc) and discovered by Eclipse on explicit refresh.

Mik said that he would like these things to be right in 0.4.4 (so, due to next Friday).

regards,
Eugene

Back to the top