RE: [mylar-dev] Trouble with latest Mylar

There was no change in the rate at which elements become landmarks between
0.4.1 and 0.4.2 (it actually hasn't changed since 0.3.1).  In order to
prevent overpopulation of landmarks, an element needs to be edited and/or
selected a fair amount before becoming a landmark, and do so more quickly
than interest decays.

With the current scaling factors currently 50 consecutive selections or
edits will do it.  These scaling factors are roughly tuned now, but they
will need to be improved and potentially exposed in the UI.  Especially the
rate of decay, which can determine whether your Package Explorer ends up
with a scrollbar or not.  But I'm still trying to figure out whether a
better way to prevent scrollbars is to have the threshold for the interest
level filter adjustable (either manually or automatically, e.g. by having it
check the height of the Package Explorer).

Mik