Re: [mylar-dev] mylar 0.4.0 is now available

Mik Kersten wrote:

-- Bugzilla-related actions should be in a pop-up menu. They look really out of place in a view menu.

That makes sense—they moved off the toolbar, which was getting too wide, into the local pull-down.  Are you suggesting moving them out of the pull-down to only appear in the pop-up?

  These actions are sort of context-specific and does not really related to the view itself.

Yes, and I agree that they’re sub-optimal in the view menu.  But the problem is that there is no reasonable selection to make for adding a category or query, because the root can’t currently be selected so those actions would have to pop up on any task, which I tried and it makes the context menu noisy too.  So for now they’re considered a part of the toolbar and the least-commonly used ones flow over into the pull down.  But we’ll have to improve on this soon.  Perhaps adding a nested “Add” popup menu (similar to New on the package explorer) would be a better solution.

  Right. "Add" or "Bugzilla" sub menu is the way to go.

  By the way, all those "adds" currently does not take into the account selected/active/choosen group. All new tasks/reports should be created within selected group. At the moment it is really nasty when you've gone "go into" some category and then can't see newly added task because it was created at the root. Not sure if it is related to loosing focus on mouse over popup issue.

  regards,
  Eugene

Back to the top