Re: [mylar-dev] mylar 0.4.0 is now available

Mik Kersten wrote:

-- Bugzilla-related actions should be in a pop-up menu. They look really out of place in a view menu.

That makes sense—they moved off the toolbar, which was getting too wide, into the local pull-down.  Are you suggesting moving them out of the pull-down to only appear in the pop-up?

  These actions are sort of context-specific and does not really related to the view itself.

Yes, and I agree that they’re sub-optimal in the view menu.  But the problem is that there is no reasonable selection to make for adding a category or query, because the root can’t currently be selected so those actions would have to pop up on any task, which I tried and it makes the context menu noisy too.  So for now they’re considered a part of the toolbar and the least-commonly used ones flow over into the pull down.  But we’ll have to improve on this soon.  Perhaps adding a nested “Add” popup menu (similar to New on the package explorer) would be a better solution.

Mik

I think the Add-> sub menu would be the way to go. If you had nothing selected, or a task on the top level (not inside a category) then the new category or task added at the top level (possibly after the selected task - if there is one). If a category (or a task within a category) is selected then add the new task to that category.
I.e. Just like the view toolbar works at present.

A.J.