Re: [mylar-dev] Bugzilla Integration

Mik,

I wonder if there are any progress to support multiple providers for issue tracking systems as well as support for multiple issue tracking system repositories? That way Wolfgang would just implement its own provider and mylar could use its data right away...

I can see why Eclipse and Mylar team don't pay much attention to this issue, but I believe most of the other workd using not only Bugzilla repository at eclipse.org. I believe this is very important case (especially support for multiple repositories). :-)

Thanks

Eugene

Beer Wolfgang wrote:

Dear Mylar Team,

Last time i heard about the Mylar project, and more interesting for me, about the

Bugzilla/Eclipse integration.

Our research company also decided to integrate Bugzilla support into the Eclipse

IDE, for convenience purposes.

In a spin-off project we implemented a core library in order to access Bugzilla over

HTTP and a Bugzilla plugin in order to integrate this functionality into Eclipse.

I tested your Bugzilla integration and my first question is, if you had to modify the

Bugzilla server in order to access it (we had to do so because Bugzilla delivers

Unstructured HTML content and we would like to have structured XML returns).

As my company is going to publish our solution as Open Source it would be interesting

if we could cooperate in this aspect and to exchange experiences.

please tell me your opinions…

best greetings

Wolfgang

Back to the top