Re: [mpc-dev] Providing a third party catalog in the official EMF

Jerome,

Great to hear Obeo will be providing a third party catalog.  Can you clarify what you mean by 'in the official EMF'?

I don't believe we have time to include this catalog in the Helios SR2 release, since we already at RC3.   I think we should focus on the Indigo release.

All,  for the Indigo plan we are changing how third party catalog's are included in the MPC.   We use to include the extension points with the packages.   The Yoxos catalog is the only existing example.   For Indigo, we want to move to have the list of third party catalogs discovered from a service located at marketplace.eclipse.org.  This will make it easier for new catalogs to be added and removed independent of release cycles.

Also, as a reminder strategic members of the Eclipse Foundation are allowed to include a third party catalog in MPC.   We have asked all strategic members who want to provide a catalog to declare their intent on this mailing list.   Obeo is the first and I expect other to also express an interest.

Ian