Re: [mosquitto-dev] Implementing health check for containerized MQTT server application?

While I agree that this is a way of monitoring a device, in this case what I'm thinking about is a container health check.  This is a command that runs from within the container that Docker calls and expects a 0 return code for success or not for failure.  So I don't think an ongoing process confirming regular updates is the concept.  Also if the process inside the container is alive and running properly but the MQTT message broker outside the container is not I'm not sure that the container health check should fail in that situation, but a health check on the message broker container certainly should.

Steve