Re: [mosquitto-dev] Version 2.0

 > Dear all,
 > I'm very pleased to announce the availability of Mosquitto 2.0.

Wee! Congratulations!

 > The major version change is primarily down to change in behaviour of
 > the broker in terms of how listener security works.

 > There are more details of what is in the release on the website, so I
 > won't repeat it here:
 > https://mosquitto.org/blog/2020/12/version-2-0-0-released/

Maybe also mention that the license has been changed from EPL v1.0 to
v2.0?

On a related note, where can I fetch your updated gpg key?

gpg --verify mosquitto-2.0.0.tar.gz.asc
gpg: assuming signed data in 'mosquitto-2.0.0.tar.gz'
gpg: Signature made 2020-12-03T01:07:02 CET
gpg:                using RSA key A0D6EEA1DCAE49A635A3B2F0779B22DFB3E717B7
gpg: Good signature from "Roger A. Light <roger@xxxxxxxxxx>" [expired]
gpg:                 aka "Roger A. Light <rogerlight@xxxxxxxxx>" [expired]
gpg: Note: This key has expired!
Primary key fingerprint: A0D6 EEA1 DCAE 49A6 35A3  B2F0 779B 22DF B3E7 17B7

Trying it out in Buildroot, I see that the cJSON logic hard codes
include and linker paths, which naturally doesn't work for cross
compilation. Any specific reason to not use pkg-config? cJSON provides a
.pc file:

cat libcjson.pc
libdir=/usr/lib
includedir=/usr/include

Name: libcjson
Version: 1.7.13
Libs: -L${libdir} -lcjson
Libs.private: -lm
Cflags: -I${includedir}

Notice that it doesn't return $prefix/include/cjson as includedir, so
you need to #include <cjson/CJSON.h>

I take the reason isn't Windows support as those paths also won't work
there?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

Back to the top