[mosquitto-dev] First Mosquitto user survey and upcoming 2.0 release

Dear all,

I have prepared a short survey that I am hoping you will fill out, to
give a bit more information on where, what, and how Mosquitto is being
used, to help inform future direction of the project. There are no
compulsory questions so please fill out as much as you want to. Only
committers to the project will be able to see the full data. I will
post a summary of the data to this mailing list.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScNteeU-TKJSlD-wXYXZlb5rE5-zRlg6DCUCcdXfBphWgFZeA/viewform

I am intending to make the 2.0 release of Mosquitto on the 11th of
November, in just over two weeks. The reason for the jump to 2.0
rather than 1.7 is because of some breaking behaviour in the broker
around how listeners are handled, with the intention of improving out
of the box security by making the default setup only listen on the
loopback interface, and requiring the user to explicitly enable the
allow_anonymous feature with any external facing listeners.

There are more details of the important changes in the release at
https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/iot.mosquitto/releases/2.0 , but
bear in mind that this document is still a work in progress and that
the proper documentation of some of the features themselves is still
very much ongoing.

If you would like to test the upcoming version, please check out the
develop branch, either with git or downloading an archive of the
current state:

git clone -b develop https://github.com/eclipse/mosquitto
https://github.com/eclipse/mosquitto/archive/develop.zip

Regards,