[mosquitto-dev] Mosquitto data and python display

I am searching for a little guidance with a problem I am having with my Python graphics and paho information.
I developed a graphic display using python and tkinter (the graphics tool).

I have paho talking and listening to my mosquitto broker just fine. And I can display data in the command line ok.
The problem comes in when I try to take client incoming data and use it in my tkinter display.  What I want to do is take the client  1 or 0 to drive an icon on the graphic (red or green) to indicate pump running or stopped).

It seems that paho or tkinter will not alow values to be passed.

Sombody suggested that I change to java or use Html. But I really need this to work in c++ or python.

Can somebody refer me to an example or a good book so help me solve this.
Tomm

Back to the top