Re: [mosquitto-dev] Mosquitto over SSL refuses publishing message

No,

Unless you have explicitly configured nginx to proxy for mosquitto it
will definitely not be.

It was going slowly because we've been slowly stripping away at what was
actually happening.

The point about using fullchain.pem rather than chain.pem is the best
option going forward (as well as sorting what ever permissions problem
you have)