Re: [mosquitto-dev] clarity on disconnect reasons

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 at 20:51, Greg Troxel <gdt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Wow, that's fast!

That's the advantage of people reporting things you've already fixed.
It's my favourite type of bug.

> Not sure what "connection dropping" means exactly, so hopefully all
> messags will point someone (who actually understands how this works)
> precisely to what happened.

Connection dropped means that the client closed its end of the socket,
or the wifi dropped, or someone dug up an undersea cable... that sort
of thing. As far as the broker is concerned, the client has
disappeared and it can't tell why. Other reasons for disconnection
could be exceeding keepalive, a protocol violation, or an
authentication error.

> And the implicit good news is that I am having no other issues, despite
> being on a less common OS.

Good to hear.

Cheers,

Roger