Re: [mosquitto-dev] clarity on disconnect reasons

Roger Light <roger@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> There have been better messages in place for a while, but alas they
> weren't getting used in the most common disconnection cases. This has
> been fixed in the `fixes` branch, which should become 1.6.5 tomorrow.
>
> The plain "socket error" message should now just be down to the
> connection dropping.

Wow, that's fast!

Thanks for having fixed this and I'll upgrade and see.

Not sure what "connection dropping" means exactly, so hopefully all
messags will point someone (who actually understands how this works)
precisely to what happened.

I'll update and see how it goes -- my flakes seem to be only once a week
or so.

And the implicit good news is that I am having no other issues, despite
being on a less common OS.

Back to the top