Re: [mosquitto-dev] sub:Connecting with broker on different LAN network

I don't know whether this is the correct place or not. But... this is the tip:

1) Check if you are able to reach the broker from the client host. Not using the client itself but running some test from the operating system where the client is. The most basic one, using the tool "ping". "ping X.X.X.X" where X.X.X.X is the IP of the broker. If you are not able to connect... you should have to configure your client LAN to reach the broker host.

2) If you can reach your broker's host using the aforementioned command, then you have IP connectivity between both LANs, and you should check that there is not a firewall blocking MQTT traffic or access to the port 1883 from the client LAN to the broker LAN.

These thips should be enough to assure your network connectivity between your client and the broker.

Regards.

hi, Thanks for your quick reply.since i am new to IOT and mqtt i don t know where to post such questions.if anyway possible you could help in this plz do.otherwise Thanks for your reply