Re: [mosquitto-dev] WITH_SRV=no WITH_UUID=no

Joshua,

The WITH_SRV is only used by the mosquitto clients (mosquitto_sub &
mosquitto_pub) so if you're building a container to host a broker it
shouldn't change anything. The SRV DNS records are used to look up a
broker at a domain level, in a similar way to SIP servers. e.g. if you
have a broker hosted on broker.example.com you could set up a SRV record
in the DNS to point to it when you look up _mqtt._tcp.example.com.

Again the UUID used in the clients to create unique client ids for the
command line clients.

So if you are only interested in the broker then compiling without these
options will not have any impact.

Ben