From:        foomail123 <foomail123@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        "mosquitto-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <mosquitto-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        09/21/2016 11:52 AM
Subject:        [mosquitto-dev] Multiple MQTT Connect messages over same TCP/IP transport connection
Sent by:        mosquitto-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

I have a question regarding multiple MQTT Connect messages over same TCP/IP transport connection.
Per my understanding, and below

Per:
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/MQTT-55

The subsequent connections are to be handled by broker as long at clientId is same, is this right ?
When broker receives subsequent MQTT Connect with different clientId, is the MQTT Connect packet dropped ?  Is the underlying TCP/IP connection from that client also dropped ?

Any pointers/references is appreciated.

mosquitto-dev mailing list
mosquitto-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/mosquitto-dev