[mosquitto-dev] Mosquitto installed, but can't find 'mosquitto.h'

I'd like to compile a simple mqtt client example,

https://github.com/silentbicycle/mqtt_demo http://kevinboone.net/mosquitto-test.html

but I get the fatal error:   'mosquitto.h: No such file or directory'

If I do 'apt-get install mosquitto' it  says 'mosquitto is already the newest version'.  Is the file part of another installation?

(I'm running on a beaglebone black (debian 8.4)

Thanks!

Ben

p.s. In python, 'import paho.mqtt.client' works fine, so not sure whats wrong with the c side

Back to the top