Re: [mosquitto-dev] Throughput degrades as number of subscriptions grows

Thank you for the tip of not starting the topics with a slash (/), but all things being equal, it would not be the cause of message ingestion rate dropping as the number of consumers grows, would it?

I am using "mosquitto version 1.4.9" (as reported on $SYS/broker topic) on a modern RedHat VM with 2 cores and 2GB RAM.

I ran another test -- with 100 consumers present (each listening on its own topic /c1, /c2, etc.), my producer published to only 1 topic (/c1). Only one consumer (listening on /c1) received messages in this test. The effect was the same as publishing to 100 topics -- the throughput dropped by 1/2 compared to running exactly the same producer publishing to single topic but with only 1 consumer present.

This does sound like the topic to subscription matching bottleneck, doesn't it?

Back to the top