Re: [mosquitto-dev] Throughput degrades as number of subscriptions grows

Hi,
I'm not using Java Paho but PHP, Lua and C ones, but ...

> subscribed to /c followed by that number, i.e. /c1, /c2, etc.
Is not efficient : you can remove leading '/' because it creates an empty root tree which only implies additional processing for no added value (well, working only on Unixes, I did the same mistake :) ).

> I wonder why it gets lower and lower. Is it because the broker has more subscriptions to check to see where else to send the message? If so, is topic to subscription matching that inefficient?
As I said, I'm not using Java, but I don't think this performance loss is at client side. Which broker are U using and did you checked its performances ?

Bye

Laurent

Back to the top