Re: [mosquitto-dev] [mqtt] Re: RSMB now on GitHub

On 2016-07-06 15:46, Filipe Nicoli wrote:
Ian, I guess mosquitto won't be supporting MQTT-SN for some time. It's
been on the table for long and the only broker I've seen around is
yours (and a dozen forks of your code).

I'm currently using Michal Foksa's fork, and even his is already 1
year without bug fixes or improvements.

I guess it would be beneficial to the project sticking to one fork.
What do you think?

Ian,

The main reason why I am interested in RSMB is because of the MQTT-SN support. It is easier to run a single server, than a MQTT server and seperate MQTT-SN (UDP) gateway - less things to setup/go wrong.

I agree that multiple forks isn't ideal. I wasn't actually aware of the Michal Foksa fork when I sent my Pull Requests. Get the improvements back into the main repo, would require going through the changes and making sure they are approved by the Eclipse Legal process.

nick.

Back to the top