[mosquitto-dev] Mosquitto broker hashtable

Hi all,

While going through the mosquitto source code, I noticed that it makes use of a hashtable mechanism (uthash.h). I am unable to understand the purpose for which the hashtable is implemented. Is the hashtable used by the broker for storing messages that are published to various topics? I am also unable to understand how messages are stored when the broker does not have internet connectivity and syncing data via bridges isn't possible. Is hashtable used for storing data in that case too?

Please help me in understanding. Thanks in advance.

Back to the top