[mosquitto-dev] Win XP issues and questions.

Hi,

I have download and installed mosquitto-1.3.5-install-cygwin.exe (I’m using windows XP:SP3) and ran into some errors:

1.       Msvcr100.dll was missing. I downloaded a version from the net and moved onto problem 2.

2.       getTickCount64 could not be found in the kernel32.dll error. I found a reference to this error here https://bugs.launchpad.net/mosquitto/+bug/1277604
How do I get around this?

I’m wanting to use this in my home automation and Arduino’s.

A few questions:

1.       With the standard config file as shipped, will I need to alter anything or it should just work? Ie no user/password protection.

2.       Does the password file need to be called anything specific?

3.       Could a user and password be like zzz:xxx ie no hash version of xxx?

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Neil Wrightson.

Back to the top