Re: [mosquitto-dev] multi-user chatroom scenario

Hi Ankush,

It will certainly be more efficient if you can arrange it so that
clients don't publish to topics they subscribe to, but there is no
functional reason why you shouldn't do so. You would have to do your
own testing to see what impact it had in your particular scenario of
course. You could always tweak the broker so it didn't send messages
back to the originating client as well.

Cheers,

Roger