[mosquitto-dev] SSL Context Error

Hello,

We are using Mosquitto v1.2.3 and recently attempted to upgrade to the Paho 1.0 Java client. We are seeing the below issue with SSL:

The Paho client attempts to resume a session during connect (not sure why), at which point it fails the SSL handshake:

%% Client cached [Session-1, TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA]
%% Try resuming [Session-1, TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA] from port 49999
*** ClientHello, TLSv1

…client sends stuff…

MQTT Con: client1, received EOFException: error
MQTT Con: client1, handling exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake
MQTT Con: client1, SEND TLSv1 ALERT:  fatal, description = handshake_failure
MQTT Con: client1, WRITE: TLSv1 Alert, length = 2

On the Mosquitto side, we are seeing this in the log:

OpenSSL Error: error:140D9115:SSL routines:SSL_GET_PREV_SESSION:session id context uninitialized

I have confirmed the following SSL combinations do work:

Paho 0.4/Mosquitto 1.2.3
Paho 1.0/Mosquitto 1.3.0
Paho 1.0/Mosquitto test server (port 8883)

Is there any way of fixing this on Mosquitto 1.2.3?

Thanks,
—Dave

Back to the top