Re: [mosquitto-dev] Bringing Mosquitto into Eclipse

For the website, would you prefer the IoT style, or the new Eclipse style? I think the new Eclipse style looks good.

In addition to the website, what about adding plan documents in Eclipse project management area (like I've done with Paho) along with bugs to track the work items? A formal release in Eclipse for Mosquitto 1.5?

Which event library are you considering?

I have in mind to be able to use the Paho MQTT test material plus extensions for additional Mosquitto tests. Are there particular areas of testing that it would be useful to add to?

When I started writing RSMB I intended to use C++ until I found that templates didn't work in the then current version of gcc, so I resorted to C. Having started to use C++ again in the embedded Paho MQTT clients, I don't want to go back! Using C++ for Mosquitto (but not the STL, or recent C++ features) could provide a better internal structure, making it easier to maintain and extend.

Having MQTT-SN as a plugin might be the best option, if allowing MQTT-SN implementations over various underlying transports (UDP, ZigBee, serial) were desirable (I certainly would like it). The alternative would be to only have MQTT-SN over UDP in Mosquitto, with standalone adapters to convert from ZigBee or other transports.

Ian