Re: [mosquitto-dev] Bringing Mosquitto into Eclipse

Hi Ian,

Yes please! THe website would be a big help, I've not even started
thinking about that.

MQTT-SN support is a definite - but I've got some tasks that I want to
complete before tackling that unfortunately. The most important one is
changing to use an event library for network handling, which will
simplify the code significantly. I started to look at MQTT-SN a while
back and it started to make things quite messy as it stood. Some of
the changes (that I'm still figuring out) that I've made recently will
make this all a lot easier. I'm thinking 1.5 for event library and 1.6
for MQTT-SN.

Things at the moment are a bit muddled - I had intended to release
1.3.2 outside of Eclipse before the baby, but I ended up with some
changes that really needed a feature release instead of a bug fix
release. At the same time I got websockets just about working so a 1.4
release seemed sensible, but since then I found a fair few problems so
it's kind of ballooned and got delayed. Very annoying, but the changes
are all good!

Cheers,

Roger

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 3:02 PM, Ian Craggs
<icraggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>
> would you like some help with Mosquitto work items?   Eclipse builds,
> website or whatever?
>
> Also, MQTT-SN support.  A while back you mentioned the thought of having
> MQTT-SN support added as a plug-in - would that still be a good approach?
> As MQTT-SN can be implemented for various underlying transports (UDP, ZigBee
> ...) then the plug-in way does seem appropriate.
>
> As you know, RSMB does have some MQTT-SN/UDP support.  There are bugs that
> need addressing and some missing function.  But it might be better to
> address those in adding MQTT-SN to Mosquitto.
>
> --
> Ian Craggs
> icraggs@xxxxxxxxxx                 IBM United Kingdom
> Committer on Paho, Mosquitto