[modeling-pmc] Too Many Guava CQs

Wayne,

While I see the technical point Ed Willink is making about which version of Guava he should PB CQ, given that ranges (or the unbounded range) are involved in the requirement and at install/runtime could be installed/wired with any version, I feel it's splitting hairs in a way that creates extra work for everyone involved to open a PB CQ for every version of Guava known to mankind. The 15.0 version is the one on the Neon train (and is approved), and I approved the 19.0 (latest) version. I don't see all other modeling projects creating a flood of PB CQs in these cases, nor to I want to see that. It seems superfluous, so I'll draw the line with this workflow based on the expectation that each project will file a single PB CQ a given library they are using for their release. Technically, looking at the OCL repo, they are not actually redistributing Guava in the repository, but the project is on the train, so it will generally install with Guava 15.0.0. Approving that CQ is sufficient from my point of view.

Regards,
Ed

Back to the top