Re: [modeling-pmc] Xtext "works with" ProGuard - Please approve!

On 07/05/2014 3:01 AM, Sven Efftinge wrote:
Xtend is being used for Android development a lot. To reduce the footprint we want to ship a tree-shaken version of our library, only including what’s absolutely necessary. ProGuard does that for us and is used therefore during the build.

Sven,

It sounds to me that what you're doing complies with the policy for build-time dependencies[1]. Looks to me like you file a CQ to document what you're doing, and you're good to go.

Assuming that I haven't completely misunderstood you that is :)

[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/IP/Test_and_Build_Dependencies

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx