Re: [modeling-pmc] Modeling Project Overhaul

Hi

"News" is certainly a disaster area at present. A good feed from the 'portal' might break the pain barrier that encourages the current obsolete rubbish.

IMHO, most Modeling projects share the quite good modeling infrastructure for download pages that allows sensible categorisation, ordering and archiving with extra surrounding notes, whereas most non-Modeling projects that I try to download from have poor to non-existent downloads pages. Projects that have 'better' modeling pages for users provide what again IMHO are very poor inconsistent pages for Eclipse committers, and I suspect committers are the main consumers of download pages. It would be good to have a common Foundation infrastructure that automatically presented downloads and update pages; provided projects follow the naming practices that are already shared across many projects.
c.f. Miles Parker's plea for any standard updates naming policy.

    Regards

            Ed Willink