Re: [modeling-pmc] Modeling Project Overhaul

+1 to all of this. I think it's the right way to go and will have a
really positive effect on acceptance of modeling. I think there are
areas where it makes sense to keep sub-projects and or umbrella
projects but that should be guided by real affinity or obvious
coordination. GMF Runtime and Tooling be handled is one interesting
example. On the one hand they have very obvious affintiy and
coordination needs, but OTOH, GMF Runtime is and I think should be
evolving more to a clean graphical API that isn't so much driven by
being a target for generated code. But XPand, Xtext, XCore etc. have
shown that this can work. Mylyn has a similar overall technology mix,
some tools are intimitly related, some not really at all, but in a few
cases such as Mylyn Context MFT (Model Focussing Tools), we put that
under the Context umbrella because it was an obvious sub-component.